Visitor Rules & Requirements to enter the Azores
Starting June 4, 2020, Portugal is reopening to foreign visitors, but before you book your tickets and pack your bags, we wanted to share some important details with you.
- Visitors heading to the Azores must test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to arrival, or opt to take a free test upon arrival if they agree to quarantine until the results are made available.
- Visitors that plan to spend 7-12 days in the Azores will be required to take a COVID-19 screening test on the 6th day of their stay. Visitors should contact the health authority of the municipality in which they will be staying to find out more information about where their test will be administered. The results of the test will be later communicated.
Inter-Island Travel Requirements
- The procedures for passengers coming from outside the Region who intend to travel to another island include the following:
- Passengers must communicate their travel plans upon arrival, to the health authority, by completing a declaration form.
- Passengers that opt for testing upon arrival in the Region can only proceed to other islands and/or their final destination after receiving a NEGATIVE result.
- Passengers that opt for testing upon arrival in the Region must ensure that they schedule a layover of at least 16 hours to allow for adequate processing between flights to other island(s).
- Passengers who present a previously acquired NEGATIVE test result upon arrival in the Region can proceed with travel to other islands and/or final destination.
For more information, please visit https://covid19.azores.gov.pt/
Rules & Etiquette
- Don't forget to wash and sanitize your hands often
- Masks are required in enclosed public spaces, but you should wear a mask whenever possible
- Keep a social distance of a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet)
- Respect the respiratory/cough etiquette
What are we doing to protect you?
The Azores Youth Hostels are reopening their properties with the Azores' Clean & Safe seal of approval. Our staff and facilities have implemented new hygiene and safety protocols, in accordance with the national Clean & Safe program, to ensure that all guests have a safe and enjoyable stay. Click here to found out everything you need to know.